Doing research on the issues facing domestic workers is a critical first step for designing program work and campaign demands. In this section, we share information on different methods of researching our base, and how to use research as a base-building and leadership development opportunity.
[Photo description: Member Leaders of Matahari conducting a Nanny Census]
In this Toolbox you'll find the following types of documents:
The main document in each section. Read this first!
A guide for how to discuss the Recommendation with others in your organization.
Materials referred to in the Recommendation
Forms and templates to download and fill out
Stories and inspiration from other organizations
Outline of a participatory training or workshop
- Recommendation: Researching our Base
- Discussion Guide: Researching Our Base
- Reference: "We Want to Be the Protagonists of our Own Stories" Participatory Research Guide for how Domestic Workers and Researchers can..."
- Reference: Home Economics Report
- Reference: Sample domestic worker survey questions
- Coming Soon: Case Study: Brazilian Workers Center Partners with Academic Researchers
- Case Study: MataHari Researches its Base through Annual Nanny Census
- Video: Home Economics Report