What are the programs that will best meet domestic workers’ needs and ensure that they join our organizations and stay? How can we build programs that are transformative? How can we orient workers on why and how we organize in our sector, and on our overall analysis of the problems we face and how to address them? This section includes tips on program design for domestic worker organizations, as well as outlines for political education and leadership development workshops developed by NDWA and some of our affiliates.
[Photo description: Members of Centro Humanitario discussing the issues the organization works to address]
In this Toolbox you'll find the following types of documents:
The main document in each section. Read this first!
A guide for how to discuss the Recommendation with others in your organization.
Materials referred to in the Recommendation
Forms and templates to download and fill out
Stories and inspiration from other organizations
Outline of a participatory training or workshop
- Recommendation: Program Design
- Discussion Guide: Program Design
- Reference: Energizers & Resilience Activities
- Reference: Immigration Know-Your-Rights Materials
- Coming Soon: Reference: What is Resilience?
- Reference: Cultural Activities: Songs & Writings by Domestic Workers
- Reference: Steps for Organizing a Meeting
- Reference: Tips for Membership Meetings
- Reference: Top 10 Reasons Why Organizing Domestic Workers is the Bomb!
- Worksheet: Annual Workplan Template
- Case Study: Adhikaar Uses Arts and Culture in Organizing
- Case Study: From Service to Organizing (St. Peter's Housing)
- Case Study: Mujeres Unidas y Activas Builds Organizational Resilience
- Workshop: Black Lives Matter Solidarity Workshop
- Workshop: The Age of Dignity Discussion Guide
- Workshop Materials: Black Lives Matter Solidarity Workshop Powerpoint
- Workshop Materials: Pride in our Work- LGBTQ Liberation Zine
- Coming Soon: Workshop Series: Core Domestic Worker Political Education Curriculum
- Coming Soon: Workshop: History of Domestic Work and Domestic Worker Organizing
- Workshop: Fighting Back against Trump’s Muslim Ban and Anti-Muslim Hate
- Workshop: Pride in our Work- LGBTQ Liberation
- Workshop: NDWA “Know your Rights” Training for Homecare Workers- Facilitator’s Guide
- Workshop: Know Your Rights Workshop Materials