Given our commitment to base-building, it’s critical that we figure out how to connect with workers and invite them into our organizations! In this section, we share best practices for doing outreach to domestic workers and then following up with them to make sure that they feel welcomed and integrated into our organizations. The section includes tips for mapping out where to find workers, training an outreach team, working outreach and follow-up into your organization’s overall workplan, and more!
[Photo description: Members of the California Domestic Workers Coalition doing outreach in a park]
In this Toolbox you'll find the following types of documents:
The main document in each section. Read this first!
A guide for how to discuss the Recommendation with others in your organization.
Materials referred to in the Recommendation
Forms and templates to download and fill out
Stories and inspiration from other organizations
Outline of a participatory training or workshop
- Recommendation: Outreach and Follow-up
- Discussion Guide: Outreach and Follow-up
- Reference: Centering Guide
- Reference: Recruitment as a System
- International Domestic Workers Day Outreach Kit
- International Domestic Workers Day Outreach Posters
- Reference: Database Tips and Best Practices
- Worksheet: Domestic Worker Outreach Tracking Form
- Worksheet: Member Retention and Leadership Form
- Worksheet: Recruitment- The Science of Numbers
- Coming Soon: Case Study: CASA de MD builds a mass membership base
- Webinar: Outreach as a System