Building broad-based membership organizations is a key to growing our power and winning the changes we want to see in the world. In this section, you’ll find information on how to structure an organization so that it can include large numbers of domestic workers as members and leaders.
[Photo description: Members of Mujeres Unidas y Acticas in a leadership training]
In this Toolbox you'll find the following types of documents:
The main document in each section. Read this first!
A guide for how to discuss the Recommendation with others in your organization.
Materials referred to in the Recommendation
Forms and templates to download and fill out
Stories and inspiration from other organizations
Outline of a participatory training or workshop
- Recommendation: Membership Structure
- Discussion Guide: Membership Structure
- Coming Soon: Reference: Sample Training Outline for Circles Leaders
- Coming soon: Reference: Best practices for collection of membership dues
- Case Study: Mujeres Unidas y Activas Redefines Membership
- Case Study: KUDHEIHA (Kenyan Domestic Workers Union) Builds a Powerful Domestic Worker Base"
- Video: Membership Structure Webinar
- Video: Membership Structure Part 2 Go Small to Go Big! A Circles Model for Membership
- GROW Session One Membership and Organizations