This section includes tips on how to develop powerful and winning domestic worker campaigns, including a special toolkit on Domestic Worker Bill of Rights campaigns. This includes recommendations on developing strategic demands, doing power mapping, designing tactics, and more.
[Photo description: Domestic Workers United leads the fight for the New York Domestic Worker Bill of Rights]
In this Toolbox you'll find the following types of documents:
The main document in each section. Read this first!
A guide for how to discuss the Recommendation with others in your organization.
Materials referred to in the Recommendation
Forms and templates to download and fill out
Stories and inspiration from other organizations
Outline of a participatory training or workshop
- Recommendation: Developing Strategic Campaigns
- Reference: Bill of Rights Campaign Toolkit
- Reference: Choosing an Issue
- Reference: Best Practices for Bill Negotiation and Decision-Making
- Reference: A Guide to Preparing and Giving Legislative Testimony
- Coming Soon: Reference: Checklist for Preparing a Mobilization
- NDWA's Vision of Fairness for Domestic Workers
- Worksheet: Campaign Evaluation Form for Coalition Partners
- Worksheet: Campaign Planning Chart
- Worksheet: Campaign Strategy, Tactics and Activities Timeline
- Case Study: Organizing with Love: Lessons from the New York Domestic Workers Bill of Rights Campaign
- Coming Soon: Case Study: Allies Organize around the California Domestic Worker Bill of Rights
- Workshop: Campaigns 101
- Coming Soon: Workshop: Lobby Visit Training